Saturday 28 June 2008

The Glastonbury Diaries - Saturday 28th June

Humans, humans, humans! I just carved my way through what must be a 70,000 strong crowd to the back of the Main Stage field in order to write refuge from the sun in the shadow of the tree here. I look before me and see a sea of people. Human bodies crammed into this field in the name of music, the heartbeat of our lives. Flags fly and sunglasses reflect both the sunlight and the scenes that lay before them. As i sit in this amphitheatre for the worldly i wonder about the thousands of people joining me. All of them having their own journey, sharing their own jokes and fashioning their own views on the event as the weekend progresses. It is a long haul that requires patience, calmness and most of all, a sense of humour. We all have to work on it, but if we collectively put the effort in, the rewards are obvious. Now for the Raconteurs.

No comments: